This notice sets out how we collect and use your personal data and your rights in relation to how we use your personal information and sets put how and why we collect and use your personal data or information.
For the purpose of this section “Personal Data” refers to the information which relates to you and which can be used to directly or indirectly identify you as an living individual or an individual who has been deceased for less than 30 years.
Once in possession of your personal data we ensure that we comply with all applicable data protection laws when handling your information. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Act of Jamacia 2020.
Who is CapX:
CapX Analytics limited is a Regtech company specializing in real time compliance and AntiMoney Laundering (“AML”) due diligence processing and data collection. CapX uses first class data engine known as “Geebase Plus” to facilitate data processing and collection.
Capx is the holder of your personal data based on the terms outlined in our User Terms and Conditons Policy and SaaS Agreement and the Data Protection Act of Jamaica 2020 (“DTAJ 2020”).
CapX as the Data Controller, designed a robust team of analytics and officers, including but not limited to the Data Protection Officer and Data Processing Officer that manages and controls your data.
Who is processing:
We process various categories of personal data, depending on the nature of the business engaged with CapX. The personal data we process about you may include but is not limited to:
- Your name, title, gender, citizenship, and date of birth.
- Contact details such as email address(es), residential/ postal address(es), phone number(s), social media links.
- Your employment information.
- Your photograph.
- A copy of a valid photo identification (Passport, Driver’s license)
- Martial Status
All the data collected by Capx shall be deemed as personal. Capx does not engage in the collection of sensitive data as is defined under the DTAJ2020.
How is your information collected:
The data collected by Capx are taken from various sources. However, the primary source of data collected is provided by you, the individual. Personal information may, sometimes be retrieved from third-party organizations. For example, Companies office of a specific country or your workplace.
Data may also be obtained from publicly available sources such as the internet, press and other media outlets.
Why do we process your data:
In accordance with the Data Protection Act of Jamaica 2020, the Data controller must have legitimate reason(s) for collecting and retaining the personal information of an individual.
At Capx, we collect the personal information of a person for the purposes of fulfilling our business interest, however, the data collected may be collected and processed where there is a legal duty of obligation to comply with the Law.
Keeping your Information:
We retain your personal information for no more than 7 years, in accordance with the DTAJ2020. Once your personal information is no longer required and at the end of the 7 years, we will delete your personal information.
In accordance with the DTAJ2020 the issuer of the personal information has the following rights:
- The right to be informed about how your person data is collected and used.
- The right to access your personal data; you may ask us to inform you how your data is being held at Capx.
- The right to ask us to remove your personal data from our storage systems.
- The right to restrict and object to the processing of your data.
- The right to withdraw your consent if you have given consent to processing a particular part of your personal information.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Commissioner of Data about how we have processed your personal data. (However, we hope that you would contact us prior to lodging a compliant which would have us the opportunity to resolve the matter.)
Cookies and Technology:
Changes to our Privacy Notice:
This notice was last updated on August 2022. At CAPX our polices are reviewed bi-monthly to keep abreast of any changes in relation to data protection laws of Jamaica. Where there are any changes to our policies, CAPX will publish the same on our website and where appropriate we will also notify you of the changes by other communication methods.
How to Contact Us: